I completed my 2nd 5K this morning . . . didn't make my goal of 40 minutes. I actually was 12 seconds slower this time around. But, here's my rationalization: I ran most of it by myself and I felt like crud. I couldn't go far without coughing and, at best, I could only breathe out of one side of my nose. I know, excuses, excuses!
The scenery was much prettier this time (according to the brochure: beautiful, palm-tree lined paths) but since it wasn't an out-and-back like last time, I saw very few people. There weren't nearly as many racers this time around and when they all took off I was just following. A couple of friends were a ways behind me. Seriously, I was bored! So, on one street I decided to sing out loud to my MP3. I apologize to anyone who lives on that street and heard a very off-key version of Dancing Queen sung between gasping for air.
Oh, yeah, the best part was when a sweet old lady (think 70+) passed me in her knee high sport socks! That'll make you feel good about yourself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment