Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weights and Measures

This was a big week for assessments. We were weighed and measured and also re-did all of our initial fitness assessments. This won’t be of interest to many of you, but I’m going to post my results for my own benefit.
I did have a meltdown during the measurements. Apparently, the skin in my mid-section doesn’t do so well when it loses fat (sorry TMI). So, while I am losing, everything is sliding South so I can’t get accurate measurements. Without any mid-section measurements, I lost 7 ½ inches! I am sure that I lost an additional 25 inches in my middle!
I weighed in on Saturday morning and am down another 8.8 pounds—a total of 16.8 in 7 weeks!
As for the fitness assessments, I can see huge growth in what I can do. I improved my wall sit from 1:41 to 6:40 (?). I did 60 crunches in a minute, compared to 40. I can now do 37 push-ups and when we started I could only do 7. Finally, I ran (ok, jog/walk) my mile in 13:42. My initial time was 16:25.
I am so proud of myself—as well as everyone in my group. There is no one who has not shown significant growth. I can only imagine what I will be able to do come July!
Apparently, I am now a 5 K-er. . . we are doing the Litchfield Park 5K this Saturday morning. My goal is to finish in 40 minutes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Rich and Crys said...

Wow. I haven't done much blogging lately besides Dom's birthday, and I just read your last few posts. Deb, I am SO proud of you!!! I can't barely do 10 pushups and I'm SURE I couldn't do a wall sit for 6 minutes. You are amazing!!! I can imagine how excited you must be to be doing so awesome!!! I just love you and now I'm going to be on here every week... so I can keep up with you! Have a GREAT day!!! Love ya,
Crys