Saturday, May 2, 2009

May Day

I cannot believe that it is already May. I am really a slacker when it come to blogging lately. I could lie and tell you that my life is so full and busy that I cannot find a spare moment to blog, but that would be, well, a lie. There are a lot of things I haven't written about yet.
  • New House I finally decided to join the grown-up world and buy a house. With the $8000 incentive for new home buyers, it is crazy for me not to. However, this whole process has been an eye-opener. FYI . . . just because a home is bank-owned and listed at a dirt cheap price, it is not necessarily going to go for that low price. Apparently the banks are listing them low and expecting people to get in a bidding war for them. I had found an absolutely perfect house, put in an offer, had to give my best and highest offer, and then waited--very impatiently--for over a week, only to find out they had gone with a higher offer. I was disappointed, but everything happens for a reason. There are several more I want to look at this weekend, so hopefully I will have good news to report soon.
  • School 15 more days!!!!! I think that says it all, after the year I've had.
  • Swine Flu This has been all over the news this week. I'll admit, there is a part of me that hopes that we get to have a week off, due to the health department shutting us down. However, that means we'd have to make up the days at the end of the year. I have had 7 kiddos out this week, not with the flu, but it's very strange to have so many gone at once. I am curious to find out what they all have and hope they are feeling better next week.
  • WVBL This has been going really great. Tonight we all had a BBQ and Kickball game . . . beer at 2nd base :-) I have made some really great friends in this group and driving home tonight I was actually sad thinking about when we are done in July. Sunday we have a challenge at Fitness One. We get to bring friends and family and challenge them to different events. I really need them to have wall-sits be one of the events because I really kick a$$ on them. When we started the program, I could sit for 1:40. A couple of weeks ago, I could do 16:09. It seems that my weight-loss has slowed down lately and I'm trying not to get discouraged. I know my shape is changing, however, because I have very few clothes that fit properly anymore. Clothes buying isn't any fun yet because I am so between sizes that nothing works. Very discouraging.

If you stayed with me through all of that, thank you and you seriously need a life :-) I will try to update more often, so my 2 faithful readers can stay current with my oh-so-exciting life. Hopefully next time there will be some positive news on the house hunting situation.

No comments: