Monday, June 1, 2009

Exciting News!

Well, at least I am excited by it. And stressed. And nervous. And worried. And planning. And not sleeping.
Anyways, I filled out all of the loan paperwork today and took my earnest money to the title agency this afternoon. I don't have the official contract yet because apparently there are two lien holders on the house and they are arguing over the proportion of money they each get. I don't understand a lot of the stuff that's happening. Thank goodness my dad is a mortgage broker and is doing my loan for me. He is explaining it all in terms I understand. :-)
We are thinking it will be a 45 day close, which would put me at July 16 as a closing date. That is just a couple of weeks before my lease is up here, which is good. I had hoped for a little earlier closing so I could do some painting and stuff before I moved in. Oh yeah, and I am moving to a new classroom at school, in a building that isn't even done, at about the same time. No stress here!
So much is going through my mind right now. I will update with more information as I learn it!