Sunday, October 10, 2010

Non-Scale Victories

Back when I was doing Weight Watchers they would talk about Non-Scale Victories (NSV), which were things you found along the journey that were not directly related to the number on the scale. So, this morning (in church) I was thinking about this, as I was able to cross my leg over and my foot pointed down, not just across at my knee.
So, here are a few of the NSV I've accomplished:
  • I am able to cross my leg at the knee and not have my foot sit on my knee
  • I have not hit a drive-through since June 19
  • I have gotten over my need to consume massive quantities of food. You know, if a little tastes good, a lot will taste even better.
  • I can eat just what satisfies me . . . I was the one who believed that M&M's come in a bag for a reason ~ what person in their right mind wouldn't eat the whole package?!?!? I had 4 bites of a Frosty last month and was totally happy.
  • I am in the smallest size that Lane Bryant carries! I am getting down to bare bones in what still fits in my closet. I had a gift card to spend at LB and went in yesterday. I can't wear their tops anymore and this was the LAST time I will be able to shop at that store. Look out bargain clothes, here I come! :-)
  • I can sit with others who are eating and be fine.
  • My knees and hips have not bothered me in weeks. Now, the ball of my foot is in pain but that is because I refuse to stop wearing heels for any length of time.
  • I have a hip bone!! And a collar bone!!! :-)
  • I no longer have heartburn or discomfort when I go to bed at night.
  • I know that I will succeed in seeing this journey to the end!!! After so many starts and stops with little to no success and many, many times of regaining all I've lost, this is it ~~I will succeed!!!

No comments: