Once again, I have to admit that I am a pitiful blogger. But here's to a new beginning! :-)
We have started a new series at Palm Valley Church, called "twitter: short verses that make a big impact". I'll admit that I am a twitter watcher but didn't really post. Well, everyone was encouraged to set up an account this week. It was awesome to see so many people tweeting this week.
I know that God is going to be doing great things during this series. I have been struggling a lot lately: feeling lonely and discouraged, knowing that I need to make some serious life changes, and just a general feeling of a lack of purpose in my life. I know, a lot of it was just a big pity ol' pity party! Today's message was on encouraging others ~ my new goal is to be someone's Barnabus every day of the week that ends with "day". Amazing how quickly your mindset can change ~ encouraging others makes me think less about me and more about them. Through twitter I am also learning more about some of the people who attend PVC with me and I am hoping that it will lead to wonderful new relationships.
Can't wait to see what next weekend brings. And I'm going to raise my hand WAY UP HIGH when they ask who memorized the verse ~ I want a Starbucks card! :-)
If you don't have a church you attend, check out Palm Valley. I know you'll be blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment