All of us in the group met at a gym in Surprise to get our baseline fitness assessment done . . . in other words, "how out-of-shape are you, exactly?". My scores weren't impressive, but it will only lead to huge improvement! I did the mile in 16:24 and even did a run (actually a jog) at the end. We did the wall sit, which is pure torture on your quads, push-ups, sit ups and lunges. This morning I could definitely tell I had used my muscles but it wasn't bad. I am nervous to see what aches tomorrow morning brings since we have our first "official" workout tonight. I may regret the fact that I live on the 2nd story!
I also have a meal plan that I have to follow. Let me say this: there is no fear of being hungry. By yesterday afternoon I did not want to put another thing in my mouth. I was so sick of chewing. But I never did feel sluggish in the late afternoon like I normally do which is a good thing.
This competition is being sponsored by West Valley Magazine and so far they are doing a great job of documenting it. The photographer was there last night taking tons of pictures of us working out. Just what I need . . . me in all my sweaty glory in a magazine. I wouldn't choose to be in a magazine even on my good day, but in work-out clothes, frizzy, sweaty hair, and bright red cheeks---lovely!
I guess that's all for now . . . I need to go make another "mini-meal".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment