Saturday, January 17, 2009

One week down, 25 to go!

I survived the first week of WV Biggest Loser. I stuck to the meal plan--even when it felt like I couldn't eat another bite. We are doing what Stephanie calls "clean eating", nothing artificial or "bad" for you. What is amazing is that I haven't felt the need to cheat or had any cravings. There must be something to having lots of whole grains and proteins in your system.

As for the workouts, they are tough but I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish them. Who would have thought that I would be out there running. However, when she tells us to do 70% of our sprint I have trouble . . . I don't have a "sprint" so I have no idea what 70% would be.

Stephanie told us to get rid of our scales and I was happy to do so. I have what you might call an unhealthy obsession with the scale. As in, "How much do I weigh this morning?" , "How about after I pee?", "What about if I don't breathe?". You get the picture. So, I won't know how I'm doing , weight-wise, until our official weigh-in days.

Here's hoping that week 2 is as good as the first!

No comments: